Over the last 10 years since beginning its activities and up until November 2020, ECES has been awarded with 92 contracts to promote sustainable democratic development, mobilising a grand total of more than 94 million Euros (94.295.125 million Euros) with contracts' worth ranging from 16,5 Milllion Euros to 404 Euros.
ECES has benefited from the financial contributions of over 25 donors that have supported and enabled its provision of advisory services, operational support and management of large projects in the electoral and democracy assistance field.
The main funding partner by far has been the European Union, which has awarded some 40 contracts to ECES across its different financial instruments, including:
- European Development Fund (EDF 31,943,379 €);
- Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace (IcSP 15,347,606 €);
- European Neighbourhood Instrument (ENI 12,737,995 €);
- European Instrument for Democracy/Human Rights (EIDHR 7,229,938 €);
- Development Cooperation Instrument (DCI 3,455,860 €).
EU Member States represent the second largest type of funding partner. Among these, Germany has been the largest donor, awarding ECES more than 17.403.749 € -which includes 13.9 million € contributions from KFW for the EU-funded projects EURECS and EURECS+ Ethiopia- followed by Italy (1,007,045 €), Denmark (963,382 €), Austria (700,000 €), Luxembourg (500,000 €), France (322,000 €).
Other key funding partners include:
- Various international and multi-governmental organisations including the European Space Agency – ESA, and the International Organization for Migration
- Regional networks active in the field of elections, such as the International Organization of La Francophonie – OIF , the French-Speaking Electoral Knowledge Network - RECEF and the Central African School of Electoral Administration – EFEAC;
- Non-EU Member States, including the United States, Australia, Canada
- Different public institutions such as NGOs, Electoral Management Bodies, Universities and think tanks;
- Private companies for service contracts
Our quest to deliver electoral assistance worldwide while promoting European values through a European distinct delivery mechanism is constantly growing. ECES is committed to continuing its contribution to democratic and electoral processes around the world. This has been achieved both through technical and financial support.
With reference to the latter, we have contributed back to the budget of European Union funded projects an overall amount of almost 2,5 million Euros (2,436,198 €) from our own core funds. In particular, ECES has contributed to the co-financing of the following EU projects:
* This amount includes 10 million € contribution from KFW to the EU funded project EURECS Ethiopia,as well as 3.9 million € contribution from KFW though the EU Delegation to Ethiopia for EURECS+ Ethiopia.