Lessons learnt conducting workshops under COVID-19 environment
On August 19th, ECES experts and LEAD/training facilitators shared their experience from working in the field under the context of COVID-19 and the state of emergency, as part of the Webinar titled "Lessons learnt onducting workshops under COVID-19 environment".
Participants were drawn from staff of Non Governmental Organisations members of the CECOE (Coalition of Ethiopian Civil Society for Elections) and discussed a variety of topics, including:
- Undertaking such trainings in the context of COVID-19 and State of Emergency (SoE)
- Compliance to the rules and guidelines of SoE
- Precautionary measures and processes
- Effectiveness of trainings and precautionary measures
- Challenges faced and solutions to manage these challenges
- Recommendations for similar initiatives
Overall, the webinar aimed to:
- Share reflections and experiences on the strengths of managing workshops in such pandemics
- Exchange reflections and lessons learned on the challenges of managing workshops in such pandemics
- Reassess the organisation of future trainings based on the feedback of participants, notably about the underlining factors affecting the effectiveness of the trainings during COVID
- Create a shared learning platforms for similar activities as the pandemic continues
Thank you everyone for being a part of this webinar!
#eu4democracyethiopia #eces4electoralsupport #democracy #development