We are proud to announce the launch of our new project in Chad called: " Parliamentary and Electoral Process Support Project (PAPPE)”. The project will have a duration of 4 years started the 15th of June and is fully funded by the EU via the 11th European Development Fund (EDF).
Today we are therefore opening the recruitment process for all the positions needed for the implementation of the project. All positions are also posted at the “Work with us” page of our website. Specifically, we are looking for the following long term positions (duration of 36 out of the next 48 months) with the specific calendar to be agreed on with the European Union Delegation in N’djamena):
- Project Officer.
We are also looking for the following mid-term positions (duration of 10/12/24months out of 48 months again with the specific calendar to be agreed on with the European Union Delegation in N’djamena):
- Expert for the Electoral Security Threat Assessment (ESTA) Methodology.
We are targeting to finalize the recruitment and contracting by the 15th of August with potential start of the contract from the 1st of September 2023.
If your profile matches the TORs and you are interested in working with us, send your candidature and CV by the 13th July 2023 at the mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The overall objective of the PAPPE project is to promote the democratic governance in Chad via the promotion of inclusive governance and transparent electoral processes. The Action will aim at strengthening the post-transition parliament in order to make the country’s governance more transparent and inclusive. The project will contribute to the promotion of democratic governance in Chad, supporting the actors working to extend the scope of freedoms and ensuring that they are applied in practice. Specifically, the actions aim to:
- Improve inclusive governance and the transparency of electoral processes in a structural way, with special attention to gender aspects.
- Strengthen Chad's post-transition parliament to make the country's governance more transparent, inclusive and effective, and to enable the legislative body to exercise effective oversight of the executive.
To achieve this, the action will help to develop the institutional and professional capacities of the key actors in democratic development, some of whom are already in place and others of whom will be known or better defined once the current constitutional overhaul process is complete. During its implementation period the project will seek to achieve the following results:
- Strengthen the institutional and technical capacities of the new EMB;
- Strengthen the institutional and technical capacities of the Supreme Court and/or the Constitutional Council in the exercise of their functions, particularly in relation to electoral processes;
- Strengthen the institutional and technical capacities of the Haute autorité des médias et de l'audiovisuel (HAMA), with a specific focus on enabling the HAMA to carry out all its tasks effectively and objectively.
- Raise awareness among the chiefdoms of their statutory obligations, particularly in terms of political neutrality. Furthermore, the chiefdoms will be trained in mediation, the promotion of women's and girls' rights, and the human rights-based approach in collaboration with the Commission nationale des droits de l’homme (CNDH);
- Strengthen the capacity of Civil Society to participate actively in the democratic process, with regular involvement in advocacy activities, raising awareness of gender issues and monitoring the actions of national institutions;
- Strengthen the CNDH's capacity to carry out its duties;
- Strengthen the institutional and technical capacities of the new Parliament.
The PAPPE project will be implemented in synergy and close collaboration with the technical assistance project we are implementing in Chad since September 2022 for 24 months.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the peaceful return to constitutional order and sustainable democratic transformation in Chad, with a view to promoting stability in Chad and the Sahel. The specific objective is to support the timely holding of a constitutional referendum and the organisation of an electoral process (presidential and legislative elections) that is free, inclusive, credible and in line with international standards, at the end of the political transition in Chad.
Please make circulate this announcement and we look forward receive CV from your or suggestions of CV that might be interested.