This project resume outlines ECES' work in Nigeria through its EU-SDGN project from 2017 to 2021.
The EU Funded Programme “Support to Democratic Governance in Nigeria” (EU-SDGN) aims to contribute to the reinforcement of democracy in Nigeria through building strong, effective and legitimate democratic institutions. It will be implemented from 2017 to 2021, accompanying the 2016-2019 electoral cycle, and is anchored in the priorities of the Nigerian government and the recommendations of the European Union Election Observation Mission on the 2015 General Elections.
The programme is composed of five components, namely:
- Component 1: Support to the Independent National Electoral Commission implemented by the European Centre for Electoral Support (ECES) for an amount of 13 million euros with an additional contribution of 5% of the total of Component 1 from ECES core funds. ECES is the Secretariat of the Programme.
- Component 2: Support to the National Assembly implemented by the Policy and Legal Advocacy Centre (PLAC) and Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth and Advancement (YIAGA) for an amount of 3 million euros.
- Component 3: Support to Political Parties implemented by the Political Party Leadership and Policy Development Centre of the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) for an amount of 2.7 million euros.
- Component 4: Support to Media implemented by the Institute for Media and Society and the International Press Centre for amount of 2.6 million euros.
- Component 5: Support to Civil Society Organisations implemented by the BBC Media Action, CLEEN Foundation, Westminster Foundation for Democracy and the Albino Foundation for an amount of 3 million euros.
Please see link for detailed information EUSDGN Project Resume