ECES Co-founder and Executive Director Fabio Bargiacchi delivered the opening remarks on the goals and background for this LEAD training.
His intervention focused on "Where does leadership come from? What makes a good leader? ", highlighting the importance of such training, especially in a crucial moment for elections disrupted by COVID-19.
"ECES experts and staff are ready more than ever to support Electoral Management Bodies," he stressed.
Over the course of five days, the participants learned about a variety of concepts and skills, including, but not limited to:
- Social identity
- Panorama of values
- Introduction to the electoral cycle
- The fragile phases of the electoral cycle
- Conflict prevention strategies and electoral integrity
- The 4 principles to prevent electoral conflict and promote electoral integrity
- Negotiation and mediation in electoral process
- International and regional legal instruments
- Inclusiveness and transparency of the electoral processes
This training is part of ECES solutions to the COVID-19 challenge, which includes remote training delivery and continuous electoral and democracy assistance through online technology.