The aim of the project was to develop a satellite Information Communication Technology (ICT) solution to support three core components:
- Rural Radios: Assisted radio services for secure and sustainable agricultural development in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
- Space4Education: Effective eLearning services to support education in rural schools in South Africa.
- Electoral eTraining: Effective electoral face-to-face and distance learning activities for electoral management bodies of the Economic Community of Central African States (ECCAS) via ECES and the Central African School for Electoral Administration (EFEAC).
The following core activities have been delivered under this component:
- A Leadership and Conflict Management for Electoral Administration” (LEAD) face-to-face training module delivered in Brussels in June 2012.
- The production of one preparatory distance-learning module for the course dedicated to LEAD and technological innovation for electoral processes.
- The production of a LEAD distance-learning module.
- A Satellite Communication for Electoral Processes course delivered in Luxembourg in June 2012.
To read more about the project and activities, please visit the EFEAC website.