PACTE (Projet d’Appui à la Crédibilité et à la Transparence du processus électoral - Project to Support the Credibility and the Transparence of the Electoral Process) is an EU funded project whose objective is to contribute to the organisation of credible, transparent and peaceful elections in the Union of the Comoros. To achieve its objective, the project will support the organisation of elections and strengthen the skills of the electoral stakeholders for the national elections; mainly, the communal and provincial elections which will be held in November 2014.
The project commenced in August, 2014 and will end on the 24th of April, 2015. The PACTE Comoros project will be implemented by ECES in partnership with EFEAC, the University of Liege, the Centre for Creative Leadership - Leadership Beyond Boundaries (CCL/ LBB) and Urban Republic.
The specific objectives of PACTE Comoros are the following:
- Supporting the national electoral administration in the planning, organisation and conduct of the elections scheduled on November 2014;
- Contributing to the efforts of civic & voter education;
- Contributing to the sustainability of the achievements and capacities of the new Independent National Electoral Commission.
The main activities of the project will focus on:
- Training electoral administration, planning and voting operations, as well as, electoral dispute resolution;
- Acquisition and distribution of voting materials;
- Civic education through awareness and sensitisation campaign.
The project is entirely funded by the European Union.